Clients : COGIR immobilier
- Winner - Awards of Excellence 2019 of the Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC) - Québec - Young Architects / Engineers of the Year Award (Félix Bédard)
The Humaniti Complex is a 39-storey mixed-use project located in the renowned Montreal International District. This project by Cogir Real Estate will bring together 314 housing units, 150 condos, a 193-room hotel and 6,000 m² (64,000 ft²) of office space and 1,600 m² (17,000 ft²) of commercial space. The premise of the project is oriented so that urban customers can work, eat and have fun before returning to their housing unit, without leaving the real estate that aims for a LEED and WELL certification, a first in Quebec for a building of this height.
The total height of the project is 120 m (394 ft) above ground level. These floors include two outdoor pools, three outdoor decks and a 9-storey concrete structure for the hotel portion resting on a 3-level steel structure designed as a bridge to connect the volume of office space to that of the high-rise apartment building at 20 m (65 ft) above the ground.
TECHNICAL CHALLENGES :
- Mixed-use building requiring the interconnection of different column grids.
- 3-storey transfer structure with a span of 27 m (90 ft) supporting the load of the 9-storey hotel, that could only be erected by tower cranes, without the use of scaffolding (see video below).
- Design of a jointless lateral load resistance system beared on two separate podiums.
NOTABLE SOLUTIONS AND INNOVATIONS :
- Transfer frame designed to be self-supportive at every step of the construction, avoiding temporary shoring.
- Design of 9 post-tension beams.
- Steel-reinforced concrete composite structure.
* Consortium project
PRESS REVIEW :
- TVA NOUVELLES - Humaniti: un projet immobilier de 200 millions $ voisin du Palais des congrès
- VOIR VERT - Cibles LEED et WELL pour le projet Humaniti Montréal
- BUILDING - HUMANITI’s WELL target touts “smart vertical living” in Montreal
- JOURNAL DE MONTRÉAL - Voisin du Palais des congrès de Montréal: mise en vente des condos du projet Humaniti
- LA PRESSE - Des ventes de condos de 50 millions en une soirée
- ADVANTAGE STEEL MAGAZINE (on cover page)